Wednesday, December 15, 2010

On the Process of Writing Diamante Poems



At first I found the task of writing diamante poems not very satisfying. I didn’t feel like I was in the right mood to be creative enough to write anything – least of all a poem. But after a few minutes of jotting down adjectives to the theme Family, I found that I was actually getting the hang of it. In a short amount of time I wrote five poems. During the process of writing, I changed adjectives around, traded one word for another and even inserted an entire line in one poem when I noticed that it was missing one. When I came up with a theme, I first started to think of words that related to it. These were written down right next to the title that was already down on paper. Then I continued to write the rest of the poem, and I started to enjoy this creative task. Yet, I have to admit that I again switched a word here or there in one or the other poem, before I blogged them. 

No comments:

Post a Comment