Sunday, November 14, 2010

"Doubt"

   On Wednesday evening I had the opportunity to see the play Doubt by John Patrick Shanley. This play is being performed by the Hamburg Players at the Theater an der Marschnerstraße in Hamburg. Since we talked about this theater piece in class prior to seeing it, I approximately knew what to expect. I was intrigued by the topic of Doubt (suspicion of child molestation by a Catholic priest), after having visited a private Catholic school myself for almost ten years. Therefore, I really looked forward to it.
   I enjoyed the performance very much and can only recommend seeing it. The way the topic is handled was surprising but also very appropriate. For further reading, I will post a review I am working on right now in the next coming weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment